Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Winter Wonderland Continues



The trees are still covered in their veil of white this morning, which made for a nice scenic morning stroll. On the down side, the town came through and widened our road again. Their efforts left a decent wall of snow across the forest entrance so we stuck to the road today.





As far as I can tell the pushing back of the snowbanks uncovered a whole new set of smells because Beyla spent a large portion of her time this morning shoving her nose into every holes in the snow she could find. She even dug out a few spots to get to something interesting, though my feeble human senses couldn't tell me what beyond the fact that she smells something interesting enough to warrant excavation. But she seems to enjoy the effort so I let her continue unhindered while I sip my coffee and look around listening to the world around us as always.



Our only company this morning was one neighbor out shovelling out his new snowbank at the end of his driveway, and a solitary bird. I'm not sure who it was calling out to, but I heard no reply. But that doesn't mean he wasn't comminucating with a fellow bird a similar distance in the other direction beyond my ears. Or maybe he just likes the way his own voice sounds echoing through the empty woods. If I was a bird, I might do the same. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home